Freshman Volleyball Goes Undefeated

After the 2023 volleyball season, the players take a moment to reflect on their performance
The 2023 freshman volleyball team stands together after the Pink Game. Photo Credit: Emily Baumann

The freshman volleyball team had an undefeated season this year with a record of 18-0.

“The most crucial things were communication and listening to each other,” freshman Isabelle Hardy said.

The team’s biggest competitor was Central, who took them to a third set in many games.

“One of my favorite memories was winning against Central three times,” Hardy said.

The season provided many valuable lessons to the players on and off the court. 

“I learned how to take criticism from others and have that help improve my skills in volleyball,” freshman Brooklynn Sherman said.

One of the team’s greatest strengths was developing strong bonds with each other.

“One of the most important things for my team to win is that we have a lot of chemistry on and off of the court, and making friendships off the court is really beneficial to the success of the team,” freshman Stella Crater said.

The freshman volleyball players proved that they can overcome any challenge and work together to win.

“Even though we had a lot of ups and downs with our team, we still managed to be really positive to each other and try to uplift each other’s attitudes,” Crater said.