The Student News Site of Traverse City West Senior High

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

Polls

Should School Personnel Be Armed?

• No (55%, 17 Votes)
  • Yes (45%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 31

Loading ... Loading ...

Ace Family Annulment

A look into the details of the aftermath of the Ace Family divorce
Photo Courtesy: YouTube

On Jan. 11, 2024, the Ace Family, a famous and influential YouTube family that many students at WSH are familiar with, announced their divorce through separate media platforms. In their statements, the two both wrote that they have “mutually agreed” to split and will do co-parenting together to help raise their children, Elle, Alaia and Steel. The Ace Family’s YouTube channel started in 2016, and they have over 18 million subscribers. The Mcbroom family is mostly known for their pranks, vlogs and challenge videos. The last video on their channel was in July of 2023, so it has been just over 7 months since they last uploaded.

Catherine Mcbroom said on her Instagram that their “paths as a couple have shifted and have created irreconcilable challenges. As heartbreaking as it is, I also feel liberated…I have spent the past few years prioritizing my children and honoring my commitment to my family; all while I seemed to be losing myself and my own personal happiness”.

In Austin McBroom’s Instagram post, he shared a photo of Cathrine and himself, calling the divorce “the hardest decision of my life.” He wrote that they, “created one of the greatest stories, almost a decade together, so many memories, so many accomplishments, but every book comes to an end, and now we will be writing a new book as separate authors.”

The news deeply saddened some of their fans, while others speculated lies including allegations that Austin has denied. Both of them have stated that their children will always be their priority.

“Separations are difficult and most times very messy,” Austin wrote, “But you will see how we push together through these difficult times as a unit and keep influencing with love and positivity”.

However, since all of this happened, Austin’s Snapchat stories have gotten out of hand. Allegedly, Austin is going back to school at UCLA, and everybody is confused. He states that he is going back to school to get his Ph.D. in psychology.

He said in his Snapchat story, “For those who don’t know, I already got my degree. I already went to college, so they accepted me here at UCLA and now I’m going for my master’s”.

He also states that he is going back to school to work on his mind and body and to get into a healthier routine. Austin made an impression on the first day of his classes by posting a fit check and telling his whole Snapchat story that he was in the wrong class and couldn’t find his real one while crying. He set his phone up to record his emotions and showed random people giving him advice. Then, on Feb. 1, 2024, he posted that he was recording a new song in his RV, with the lyrics “I’m watching you through the trees” and “got me living in this RV got no heat.” Then after, he posted that he released a song called “Still My Ace”, referring to his ex-wife, Cathrine. Austin’s brother, Landon, recently posted to his Snapchat story a video of him yelling at Austin, telling him how crazy he is, making money when all of it is a fake act. Rumors are flying around saying the whole divorce is fake and Austin is working up the internet for more fame. Every day Austin changes his personality and lifestyle to create more drama and gain attention, and every day it gets worse.