The Student News Site of Traverse City West Senior High

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

Polls

Should School Personnel Be Armed?

• No (55%, 17 Votes)
  • Yes (45%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 31

Loading ... Loading ...

NMC Offers Various Opportunities for High School and College Students

Programs and local connections between NMC and the community

Northwestern Michigan College (NMC) is the local community college stationed here in Traverse City. After high school graduation, many students attend this local college. Also, they offer opportunities for students in high school to graduate high school with their associate’s degree through early college. NMC has a variety of college classes and work opportunities with jobs in the community to ensure that their students are confident with their jobs. The variety of careers ranges from nursing and medicine to police academy to engineering and technology.

Another benefit of NMC is the local community surrounding it. Being located in Northern Michigan allows students in the Great Lakes Water Institute and in environmental science to be able to study their own local community and the Great Lakes. 

Along with the outside community, NMC also has lots of opportunities for medical students. Many NMC students are able to job shadow and work with doctors and nurses at the hospital and are also able to get internships. 

NMC is a local college that offers many different classes for many careers. A benefit to having a local college is that you are able to stay in your hometown and be in a community that you are used to. Also, college students are able to work during their time in college.