The Student News Site of Traverse City West Senior High

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

Polls

Should School Personnel Be Armed?

• No (55%, 17 Votes)
  • Yes (45%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 31

Loading ... Loading ...

New TCAPS Clinic Opens for Students

The new TCAPS clinic, located at West Middle School in the old art building, is now open to all students in the TCAPS district. They offer both mental and physical health services along with sport physicals and annual check ups. The clinic is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

In order to set up an appointment parents can call the clinic. If there is an appointment during the school day, students at the middle school are able to tell the Main office and walk down to the clinic. If there is an appointment and students have to drive, there is no contact made with the school. Parents simply drive to the back of the school, and walk into the clinic. 

“If you need something beyond what they care for they will arrange for you to get the help you need, and they also have community health worker services,” TCAPS Director in Marketing and Communications Ginger Smith said. 

The clinic will serve any student in the district. Even if a family is unable to pay for the appointment, the clinic will find ways to set up insurance with the federal government, and not worry about paying at that time. 

“[The clinic] completely is based on if you have insurance it will bill insurance, if you don’t have insurance and you can pay [then] you pay, and if you can’t pay then you don’t pay. They are available for any student who needs services if the parents agree to it,” Smith said.