The Student News Site of Traverse City West Senior High

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

The Occidentalist

Polls

Should School Personnel Be Armed?

• No (55%, 17 Votes)
  • Yes (45%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 31

Loading ... Loading ...

BREAKING NEWS: TC Titans Get a Spot in the World Championship

Over April 17-20, the World Championship will take place in Houston, Texas
The TC Titans at the State Championship, holding their Industrial Design Award. Photo Courtesy: Joan O’Neill

BREAKING NEWS- Over the first weekend of April, the TC Titans competed in the FIRST Robotics Michigan State Championship, where they would earn an invitation to compete at the FIRST Robotics World Championship. The championship will be held in Houston, Texas, over April 17-20. 

The TC Titans achieved a spot in the championship by accumulating ranking points, which are a combination of in-season and State Championship points that the TC Titans have gained. At the State Championship, the TC Titans were rewarded with the Industrial Design Award by sponsor General Motors. The Industrial Design Award is given to the team that designs a robot with an industrial design, combining form, function and aesthetics in their robot. This award marks the first ever award that the TC Titans have received at the State Championship. 

In an effort to help the team make it to Texas, the TC West Robotics Boosters are hosting fundraisers to help subside the costs of going to the World Championship. Some fundraisers that will be held are a GoFundMe, an electronic waste and scrap metal drive in May and an event at Moomer’s on April 14.