“Anyone but You” Up For Rom-Com of the Century

Sydney Sweeney, Glen Powell hit the big screen

“Anyone but You” was released Dec. 22, 2023. Showcasing a romance comedy that involves a hilarious story of two enemies becoming lovers. Bea meets Ben on a random day and spends an amazing evening with him, making gooey grilled cheese sandwiches and flirting with one another. Bea abruptly leaves in the morning not knowing what to do. She was flabbergasted with how well the night went. She turned around immediately after realizing what she did was a mistake. As soon as she got back to his apartment she overheard him talking badly about her. This starts the beginning of their love-hate relationship. Bea and Ben end up being together at the same wedding because of her sister and his best friend’s sister getting married. Running into ex lovers and moving on to future lovers is a conflict that both Bea and Ben experience during this movie.

Entertaining scenes keep the audience engaged while watching the love-hate relationship of the main characters. Hilarious scenes will allow you to laugh your head off while also being able to see the character personalities grow. This movie many people consider one of the greatest rom-coms since “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” It is a great mix of steamy looks and goofy humor which intrigues people of all ages. Be warned that it is rated R, which means you have to be 17 or above. Enjoy watching this lighthearted movie in theaters or watch on HBO Max.